Fuel pump questions

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Dec 8 15:42:18 GMT 1997

If your booster pump is a positive displacement one the in-tank
one will have a hellva time pushing past it.  However if it is a vane
type, it will be a restriction, but the in-tank can pump past it.
  If you want to run the stock pump, you can run a Boost A Pump from
I beleive Kenne-Bell, and have a higher voltage sent to the pump on
demand.
  On the Turbo Buicks they rehash the in tank sender to run two fuel
pumps, with the second one on-demand.
  Use a in-line pump, but I'd use a y-fittine before, and after it
with a low pressure cracking check valve.  That way it would just
bypass the second pump (thru the check valve) when not in use.
  For any custom EFI pumbling I use Stainless Steel AN Lines (with the
proper fittings).  You'd be amazed who much fuel gets pumped in 5 secs
with an EFI pump.
  Like anything else if you do something wrong, you might have a tank
explosion, just duplicate what the EOM manner of doing things and
there should be no problem.  There are "millions" of in tank pumps
in use today, and if they were unsafe uncle (big brother) ralph, and
(big sis) joan would be all over the news with these horror stories
of poor design.  Interject names Nader, Claybrook as neseccary
Bruce   nacelp at bright.net