Fuel pressure regulators, was Re: Fuel pump questions

Ed EdDSP at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 11 02:32:31 GMT 1997

OK people, time for me to start a new fuel-related thread. This time
it's regarding the fuel pressure regulator.
	Just about all OEM EFI setups I've looked at have the FPR mounted
directly to the fuel rail. Would it make much of a difference mounting
it remotely? I was installing nitrous on a 94 Supra that had a custom
fuel system made up of a Paxton fuel pump, filter, and regulator (and
massive 10AN lines). The FPR was mounted before the fuel rail, not on
it. Is this acceptable or should it have been plumbed onto the rail?

-Ed