Fuel pressure regulators, was Re: Fuel pump questions

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Thu Dec 11 19:30:22 GMT 1997

>	Just about all OEM EFI setups I've looked at have the FPR mounted
>directly to the fuel rail. Would it make much of a difference mounting
>it remotely? I was installing nitrous on a 94 Supra that had a custom
>fuel system made up of a Paxton fuel pump, filter, and regulator (and
>massive 10AN lines). The FPR was mounted before the fuel rail, not on
>it. Is this acceptable or should it have been plumbed onto the rail?

I think it would, for the simple reason that the bypass would occur BEFORE
the injectors, rather than after.  The key to injectors operating properly
is to have the fuel passing over them, and not bleeding off before.  Plus,
by having the regulator at the opposite end of the fuel rails, rather than
before the injectors, any air in the system due to purging, long sitting
times, etc, will blow out the regulator rather than collect at the end of
the sealed fuel rails.

I think :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List