ABS

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Sat Feb 1 18:44:06 GMT 1997

> Typically, when you're "in ABS", people's lives are on the line.  I'm not
>  trying to be overly dramatic; that's just the way it is.  A momentary
>  command error in an ABS controller can spin the car, or release the
brakes.

What you are saying is absolutely true, why take the risk if one doesn't have
to?  While I would love to experiment in that arena, as embedded systems are
a "thing" for me, brakes are something I don't fool with.  In fact, on my
homebrew vehicle, after I mount all the brake/suspension components, I'm
going to tow the vehicle to a local brake shop (already arranged) for them to
inspect, check out, and full the brake system with fluid.  I *can* do this,
but I already had one system fail, and its better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for listening, and Cheers,

Fred