DIY_ABS...

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Mon Feb 3 18:04:29 GMT 1997

> driven some rentals with "ABS" systems that "activated" in normal
>  driving, raising so much hell I turned the first one in to the shop
>  thinking it was broken.  Turned out they all did that.  Didn't stop
>  worth squat either.
>
>   All ABS controllers are *not* created the same.

Absolutely... the more expensive vehicles seem to have better systems...
rather than just being able to stick an "ABS" label on the trunk lid... my
Continental seems to be a great system, and has stopped my vehicle very well
in wet weather and on gravel, sand, etc.

Leaching a system is fine, but its better to take it from a good car <G>.

Also, if you ever rent a car again and dislike the ABS... just yank the 30A
fuse... then you'll have all the control back.  I do that all the time if I
rent things like Taurus's and other small car-toys.

Fred