O2 sensor and white smoke

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Mon Feb 3 21:03:04 GMT 1997

Additionally, there are "Shades" of blue.  I have seen copious clouds
of white (appearing) smoke that were oil.  I have seen white smoke
that meant a burnt head gasket.  The conditions you describe, white
(pale blue) smoke under heavy acceleration may or not be a real
problem.  How often do you have to add oil?  What do the plugs look
like?  You are probably showing cylinder/ring wear.  Please be aware;
 however, that the catalytic converter can "clean up" a lot of smoke
on a car that is burning a LOT of oil.  In this case, it will smoke
until the cat lights off and during heavy acceleration.