Throttle(s) before or after plenum chamber?

Egil Kvaleberg egilk at sn.no
Tue Feb 4 15:47:43 GMT 1997

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, DJohn77284 at aol.com wrote:

> Are you planning on using the original Lucas PI injection or are you going to
> move away from this?

That was the general idea. At least for the time being.

> I am wondering because I thought the setup of the PI system was very
> dependant on engine vacuum and going to a plenum chamber might alter the
> fuelling characteristics.

I know, but due to changes in head porting, valves, exhaust manifold,
camshaft, compression and swept volume I will have to alter that curve
quite extensively anyhow. The O2 sensor will be my primary guide here.

BTW, the chamber is there already - I'm just considering placing the
throttle ahead of it. Which most probably would alter the vacuum
characteristics, yes.

> Also, regarding the inlet length, I think you have to take into account the
> total length, i.e. from the valve through to the bellmouth opening.

I mean I have accounted for that. Roughly.

Egil
--
Email: egilk at sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway