Radiator hose intake manifold

Steve Ravet steve at imes.com
Wed Feb 5 14:57:21 GMT 1997

At 08:57 PM 2/4/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Egil:
>
>I have seen two wire reinforced radiator hose intakes, and neither
>system lent themselves to good performance.  We built one and nick-named
>it the "Squid".  The thing would squirm all over the place.  When the
>throttle plates would close, the squid would constrict itself and
>shorten it's length a good two inches.  When the throttle plates would
>knock open, the squid would release it's energy and uncoil. Tuning the
>intake was impossible!
>
>Not only that, the squid would build up this oscillation during idle and
>do a go-go dance, where it would contract, then release, and contract
>again.  Idle speed was NEVER constant, as this jumping around would
>cause the engine to jump 200 RPM or so in time with the dancing.

Now that's a vivid description.  Which leads me to a non-EFI question.
I've mentioned my V8 converted S-10 Blazer a few times before.  Right now
for the lower radiator hose I'm using a kluge built from a ford radiator
hose cut apart and spliced together.  Way too many hose clamps.  Can I get
a custom radiator hose made with my own bends etc.?  Reply privately, since
this isn't really EFI related.  If people are interested I'll post a
summary reply.

--steve
--
Steve Ravet