Replacing L-Jetronic flap-type AFM with silicon pressure sen

Tony Bryant Tony.Bryant at psc.fp.co.nz
Tue Feb 11 00:18:09 GMT 1997

> I've sorta asked the same thing .... I think you're gonna be told by
> those that know (not me) that pressure is not mass, ergo your
> "tracking" will wander as humidity, temp and barometric pressure
> change.  I was told (I think that's what they said) that I
> could get reasonable mass approximations by knowing the pressure
> differential across the throttle, the throttle opening, and
> the temp.

This intrigued me enough to investigate it, I found the formula in
the appendix of Heywood's I.C.E. fundamentals, for the flow through
an orifice. The only problem is that it specificies Cd, (Discharge
co-efficient[1]), is only "experimentally determinable". (Fudge
factor if you ask me...)

Does anybody know what figures are reasonable for Cd at almost
closed, and fully open?

Alternatatively does anybody have flow figures for a real throttle
body, speicifing angle, and flow? (as measured on a constant
depression flow bench)

[1] Cd is not the same as Coefficient of drag.

Thanks...

$$$ MAKE CAR FAST $$$
bryantt at psc.fp.co.nz