Fuel Filler Caps

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 23:51:47 GMT 1997

>  necessary in a fuel injection system? Surely the pressure in the tank
>  itself is no different to that in a carb based system? So the question
>  is :- Can I use my existing fuel filler cap - which makes not mention of
>  having pressure release?

The fuel pressure release cap is basically to ensure when you open the cap to
refill the gas tank, it doesn't spray all over your new business suit <G>.

Most fuel injections systems do have a reasonable amount of pressure in the
tank, as every time I open mine to refill (Lincoln Continental) I hear this
"ffffst" sound.

Fred