Traction compound (not efi related)

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Thu Feb 13 20:53:00 GMT 1997

<< This is not the least efi related, but I hope someone can help.  The
 traction compound used by drag cars for extra grip on the tyres can also be
 used to soften up old tyres and give them a new life (almost).  Anyway, this
 stuff is quite expensive, and so I was wondering, since someone on this list
 knew of the cheaper source of Toluene from printing suppliers. Does someone
 know what traction compound consists off, and if this stuff is available in
 bulk and cheaper than from racing equipment suppliers. >>

You can try using a mixture of bleach and water....
"Bleach box"