Methanol injectors..

Seth Allen n9540517 at cc.wwu.edu
Sat Feb 15 05:31:59 GMT 1997

Hi there,
I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with methanol
resistant efi injectors.  My application is this: I am tubocharging a
1985 VW Golf Gti, USA specification.  1781 cc, 4 cylinder, with Bosch
K-Jetronic (CIS) injection of the MAF style with an "electro-hydraulic
actuator" control fo the fine tuning of the mixture with an 3 wire oxygen
sensor. It also has knock sensing ignition and decelleration fuel shut off.

Basically, I have a BIG turbo, (Mitsubishi TD05H) that will give a late
hit of boost, 10-11 psi stock (0.6-0.7 bar)  I don't think I will have
enough fuelling capabilities in the CIS for the expected power (160-170 bhp).
Besides an intercooler, I want to have a multi stage pressure switch thst
will signal roughly the amt of boost and batch fire  4 methanol injectors
for additional fuel and significant intake charge cooling.  I can
fabricate a tank, and get a pump, but i amtrying to find reasonably
priced methanol, or methanol resistant injectors.  If anyone has any
suggestions, besides Kinsler, I would love to hear them.  Thanks in advance,

Seth Allen

undergrad, Western Washington University Vehicle Research Institute.