Methanol Injectors

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Mon Feb 17 05:26:37 GMT 1997

> > I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with methanol
> > resistant efi injectors.
>
> Only with diesels... and it eats `em up, along with everything else.
> Don't waste your time with methanol.

Stupid question.. are normal EFI injectors methanol resistant for
short periods (eg a few minutes a day, followd by flushing out with
normal gasoline).

I had an idea that methanol could be used with some solenoid valves to
switch between two fuel tanks, with "methanol" being used for high
power requirement situations.

What does the methanol do? Corrode/erode the metal? Dissolve the
plastic? Would using cheap second hand injectors & fuel pumps be a
realistic option?

Cheers,
Craig.