Methanol injectors..

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Mon Feb 17 09:34:44 GMT 1997

Have you considered liquid propane injection?  Think about
it.  112 octane - significantly higher than methanol - won't detonate when
injected into diesel engine inlets - readily available and very easy to
work with.  Very good anti-backfire as a lean mixture tends not to ignite
easily.  All air flow dynamics are for a dry gas as it boils at -44f.  What
this means is the stuff can go into the inlet of your turbo and stay a
consistent mixture even thru the bends of your aftercooler. Less latent
heat of evaporation - more than made up by higher octane rating.  Look at
the 3 or more stage NOS spray bars (NOS side) to get a clue on how to set
it up.

No pump needed - positive tank pressure at any temp above minus fortyfour
(-44f) up.  Using a 4 2 1 flow relationship gives you seven steps of
control.   Measure tank pressure and you can calculate
flow thru fixed orifices and adjust mixture when on bottle accordingly.

Then go wacko.  Add a regulator so you can get low pressure dry vapor.  Use
a couple of cheap solenoid valves and different flow orifices.  A small
amount of bleed propane at idle and above really cleans up the combustion
and reduces the raw gasoline dilution of the engine oil significantly.  Mid
range (pre boost) step of vapor can greatly reduce risk of mid range
detonation.  If you want to run Bi-Fuel all the time, you can make the
engine idle on propane and eliminate all cold engine gasoline starting
enrichment as any thing over boiling and the fuel is 100 percent vapor.
All this and greatly improved engine life to boot.

If you do not want to run an after cooler, this should work very well
as it not only cools, but radically raises the octane.

You may also consider adding a small amount of water/methanol
injection whenever your turbo go's positive pressure.  Consensus is this
does cool the charge temp considerably, and improve the detonation
characteristics when used in moderation.  Don't even go  there on other
implications.

If the first ingredient ain't Habanero, then the rest don't matter.
Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>