accell???efi

talltom SPAM at EAT.IT
Wed Feb 19 14:12:05 GMT 1997

> The system I developed is made for the beginner.  It is not intended to be a
> super featured unit.  At least at this time.  One uniqie feature is the
> ability to tune the basic fuel parameters using a screwdriver just like a
> carb.  A bit more precise than a carb though.  It also can be further fine
> tuned using an IBM pc.  It is however fully possible to run a car without
> ever attatching the pc, especially on stock cammed engines.  It is currently
> batch fired and can run either throttle body or port with high or low
> inpedance injectors.  A future version will be atempted to be sequential
> with no engine mods.  Going to use a pickup off of the distributor.
> Currently it has no ignition control, but the next version will, I hope.
> The next version will also have closed loop ability.  It currently runs
> speed density and has inputs for engine temp, throttle position and MAP.  It
> will trigger directly off of a coil.  It will work on one to 8 cylinders.
> The screwdriver adjustments are for Idle, Power point, Wide open throttle,
> Accel, Choke.  It connects easily with just a terminal strip.  I have used
> it on motorcycles and cars.  Even have one running with only a Map sensor.
> It even starts ok as long as it is not too cold out.  By switching out a
> stock control on a 280z for my control, the car pickuped a full second in
> the quarter. I am currently adding new features and changing the startup
> portion of my code.  I found some things that I did not like.  After all I
> use one on my personal daily driver.  The Pc software will allow on line
> changing of parameters an monitoring with bargraphs.
>
> I would like to know if there are any features that people would like.  Some
> of the things that I am thinking about are:
>   Fan control
>   NOS control
>   Controlling Ford and GM factory direct ignitions with stock crank sensors.
> Would makd for easy retro of new engines like the Ford 4.6
>
> What other features would people like to have?  Let me know and I will work
> on them.

Well I'd like to see something that one way or another could use either
(as in both) points
or pickup coil/module combo? for triggering to expand possible market
exponentially.
  To me the purpose of the pc interface is so that one can compare
results and
other data in reference to fuel/ign settings. Personally which way I go
with
fuel and ign depends on MAP, rpm, but others may have other ideas. The
point is
that one way or another access is needed to all info preferably on the
same screen.
If not that at least the ability to snoop around for data at a
particular point
and then set fuel and ign from that data, maybe a log of data from last
setting
for comparison purposes?

> I am expecting to have a new control out by summer and will have a more
> complete description and solicit interest then.

Keep me posted.