non EFI-City Code Harassment Day Two

Aron Travis atravis at spacey.net
Thu Feb 20 04:08:43 GMT 1997

Howdy!
Here's a update of my code problem, enjoy!

My wife went to the city municipal center this morning and got to see the
complaint log. All complaints against us were from 'Citizen A' which
according to the clerk, ment anonymous.
I'm sure that they still keep a record though, I was thinking that if I
were to make bogus anonymous complaints against my neighbor every day,
you bet the city would put a stop to me. They would know WHO I was, else
I could call and complain forever, right? I bet there's a phone log
somewhere.
My wife also talked to some people from the code enforecment bureau, they
said as long as I remove the bricks I'll be ok. So it comes down to if
you have a brick under your tire in Palm Bay, your car is illegal, if you
take the brick out-legal! They said that they will recheck my car this
Saturday to see if it is now legal-I'm going to remove the bricks (maybe
replace them with barbi dolls?) and put a big sign in the front
windshield reading "My hobby is NOT a crime!".
My wife also asked about the green tarp I have over the car, that's ok,
in fact they said that any tarp/covering is ok. My first reaction to
hearing this is I would like to cover the car with a Nazi or U.S.S.R.
flag and a sign saying "Welcome to Palm Bay".Maybe a little extreme at
this point, but it would fit the absurdity of the situation, wouldn't
it?
Not to get to far off on a tangent, BUT, Florida continues to be first in
the nation for violent crime. There are many valid reasons for this, one
of them seems to be that there is a real failure of priorities with local
governments/law enforcement. When bricks under a car warrent this kind of
attention, I wonder what important investigations are being neglected.
-Aron Travis-
P.S. The code enforcement office is only open from 7:00am to 3:00pm(week
days only), how convenient for us working folk!