Methanol injectors..

Stuart Woolford stuartw at kcbbs.gen.nz
Fri Feb 21 08:35:47 GMT 1997

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:22:55 -0500 (EST), DemonTSi at aol.com wrote:

><< Something like 800 lb-ft, with only 300-400 hp.   Again, I will
> see if I have the story straight, and if so, get you someone to talk to. >>
>
>Man...all I can say is, "800 lb-ft of torque?!?! Woah!"

I beileve people have got over that from stroked V12 jaguar engines, supercharged.
around 500lb-ft without the supercharging. running around 8.5l of capacity, and on avgas.
however, these have a VERY good head design (for the time), which allows this, a
standard jag. XJ12 is 12.5:1 compression on 5.3l, but they have a VERY advanced
distributor (and later computer controled ignition) to control detonation problems.

not exactly a bus but...
Stuart Woolford, stuartw at kcbbs.gen.nz