Torque BS Filter ``

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Sat Feb 22 11:13:49 GMT 1997

<< So explain to me why a non turbo diesel truck engine makes 800 to a 1000
ft
 lbs torque at some ridiculously low rpm  and yet don't even make 300 HP and
 by the way turns to shrapnel about 3000 rpm so we can't even test the
 crossover number.  Also, remembering the 391 Ford truck engine - about 400
 ft/lbs torque at around 2000 rpm and only about 225 hp and again no way
 Jose will it ever see over about 4000 rpm. >>

This reminds me of this story I heard about this one drag racing truck that
had this killer turbo diesel engine...the thing put out like 1000 lb-ft or so
and ran low 12s!