TPI HELP

Jennifer Rose javer96 at snowcrest.net
Thu Feb 27 03:51:51 GMT 1997

Hi all

        Wanted to get some advise\help with a problem that just started
happening. My pickup started to die on me, usually just after a corner or
coming to a stop, just leaving a stop. Will restart with no difficulty. The
pickup has a TPI unit out of an 86 Camaro with a 89 eprom. Has been driven
for 2.5 years without a problem.
        Have checked fuel pressure 42 psi when problem occurs. Battery
voltage at 14.6 running. Monitored voltage for injector feed(both banks),
ecm feed-all are stable. Ohmed out injectors hot- 17 ohms :(, egr sol  38
ohms, purge sol 24 ohms . Didn't ohm out idle motor or TPS. Have flexed and
wiggle most all connectors\parts of wire harness. NO trouble codes. Do not
have a scan tool or access to one. Beginning to suspect problem inside ecm.
Local wrecking yard wants 75$, rebuilt one from NAPA 130$.  Didn't want to
spend that kind of money on a blind test, unless I have to.

Thanks Vance