more fuel pressure

Chris Morriss crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 00:14:00 GMT 1997

In message <199701050905.BAA09416 at ccnet3.ccnet.com>, "Frank/G.speed"
<fmlin at ccnet3.ccnet.com> writes
>> Why would you want more fuel at wo throttle unless the mixture was lean
>> at wo throttle? You also have to have more air with that fuel. Install a
>> turbo and a 3 bar map sensor, larger injectors, tweak the computer and
>> really go. (Probably a different fuel pump also).
>
>This is a msg from few weeks back.  I had wanted to ask, what is the deal
>with 1, 2, or 3 bar MAP sensor?  Aftermarket FI systems often has this
>feature...

If you're just running a normally aspirated engine then you'll only want
a one bar sensor, 'cause you won't get a manifold pressure above
atmospheric.  If you run up to 15 psi boost then you'll want a two bar
sensor, and if you run up to 30 psi boost (God help your engine!) then
you'll need a three bar sensor.  (and an engine rebuild soon i guess)

Bye,
--
Chris Morriss