Newbie-intro

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Wed Jan 8 15:56:30 GMT 1997

Hi Jim

You will probably do ok. I tested a 350 with 202 heads, headers and
a 450 lift roller cam on the stock calibration. I did find I had to
bump the fuel pressure a few pounds like about 55#. You can either
shim the regulator spring or better just buy an adjustable reg.
With a stock setup you might not have to do this. Also unless
you alter the flow characteristics ie accel ram ect you don't
have to alter the ve maps or wot af correction. You can alter the
timing by adjusting the initial setting of the distributer. Mind you
use a scan tool to make sure you stay outa knock retard.

You can always buy a calpak with Vats disabled and your cal
changed to specific requirements although more often then not
this doesn't help your et any.

Some people on this net can alter your calpak for you I suppose.
You may wish to disable the egr test. Check the archives for details.

Anyways the J car harness works fine when you replace some of
the appropriate connectors. I also have had some probs with the
small diameter distributer. The large HEI seems to work better.

Well gL: peter