octane booster

Ken Mayer mayerk at haven.ios.com
Thu Jan 9 05:00:19 GMT 1997

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, William A. Sarkozy wrote:

> >So would I......just tell me where to buy it.  My local aviation facility
> now requies an "N" number (aircraft ID) before purchase will be granted.

Well, you could just buy (or borrow) an airplane.  Taxi over to the pumps
and fill the tanks.  Then taxi back to the tiedown.  Of course, you'll
want to drain the sumps to check for water or other contaminents.  If
you're not sure you have clean fuel, drain some more. <g> Don't forget
that you can't just dump the fuel on the ground, or put it back in the
tank, so you'll have to put it in the jerry can. <g><g> If you do this at
night, you can't clearly see the fuel, so drain some more just to be sure.
<g> Now you have a full can of "contaminated" fuel that's not good enough
for the airplane, so you'll just have to burn it in the Mopar. <g>
Vrrrooooooommmmmmmmm

You could also take the empty can to the pumps and tell them you're
building an airplane in your garage and you need the fuel to test the
engine.  You don't have an "N" number yet because it's not airworthy yet,
and the FAA won't issue one until it is (an Airworthyness Certificate
must be issued in order to get the registration).

Can you tell I also drive Cessnas and Pipers?

Ken
:-)