BMW Motronic 1.1

thor at pixie.co.za thor at pixie.co.za
Thu Jan 9 07:43:27 GMT 1997

>On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Todd Knighton wrote:
>
>> Land Shark wrote:
>> >
>> >  Sure it is..
>> >
>> >  But WHY in Gods sake are you messing around with your Motronic
>> >  unit.. EVEN if you find the maps you need, you cannot change
>> >  them, because you will set a checksum fault, there are hidden
>> >  checksums in the EPROM, 1 in M1.x, and THREE in M3.x
>> >
>> >  To figure it all out PROPERLY will take you MONTHS
>> >
>> >  Trust me.. I did it .. with help from a genius of a robotics
>> >  engineer... WE know of exactly ONE other guy who really knows
>> >  how these things work.. ONE..
>> >
>> >  Jim
>>
>> Hear, hear.  Or is it Here, Here.
>>
>> Todd Knighton
>> Protomotive Engineering.
>>
>> P.S.  the other guy that knows these things.  Besides.  Why would we
>> want to give you the information that's taken us months and years to
>> figure out ourselves?
>
>I don't know. Why do you two share so much info? Thanks!
>
>					--Carter

I agree, is this forum, not to share and exchange information on EFI, I think
Todd's remarks do not do justice to this group. Why belong to a group that
exchanges information and ideas on a subject if your whole feeling on the matter
is - 'you show me yours, but I not going to show you mine'???

Gary