octane booster

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Thu Jan 9 17:08:14 GMT 1997

Can you tell if your computer is directing a spark retard or if the
engine is pinging?  If the engine is not pinging and spark timing is
normal, you probably are not suffering from low octane.  Rather, I
would suspect flow restrictions (exhaust, intake, or both).  You might
also try to increase the fuel pressure.  This can help at the higher
flow rates.