Conversion to TPI

Jones rwj5125 at electriciti.com
Fri Jan 10 03:58:53 GMT 1997

Jennifer Rose wrote:

> Mike
>
>         The book JTR sell is great -you can buy direct-they are in Milpitas
> CA. A good source of complete TPI unit is GM SPORTS SALVAGE in San Jose.
> Since they in the bay area they are REAL good about Complete packages- smog
> stuff included. Mike Knell's book has a section on smog and what you have to
> do so it will pass.
>
>         My project is a 74 Chevy 4x4 1/2 ton 383 eng. The TPI unit is out of
> a 86 Camaro with a 89 eprom. Took two trips to smog ref to pass inspection.
> If you have any questions about process you may e-mail direct.
>
> Vance
Jennifer,
	What kind of problems did the smog ref find? Where they simple things
that were pretty obvious? Or was the ref really praticular about fairly
minor things? Just hoping to avoid problems when my turn comes to be
scrutinized.

P.S.
	About how long did it take you to install the TPI?
--
Mike Jones
rwj5125 at electriciti.com