calpack reader

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Fri Jan 10 07:49:51 GMT 1997

Hi Scott

I just used vero construction board available at radio shack to make
the adapter. The calpak uses a plug similiar to the old
s100 buss .1 spacing by .2. You need to spread this out
to 0.6 to fit the zif socket of the reader. If you pull the
blue cover off the calpak you will see the 27C256 eprom and
this will make it plainer.

>Where could I find the diagram for this adapter?  I have a 91 Sunbird
>with the V6, and would like to read in the prom.
>
>Also, to use that computer with a V8, you would need to install a couple
>of more wires in to the connectors on the ECM that enable 8-cyl mode
>and 4th gear.  There could be more, but an easy obsticle to overcome.

After 90 the cylinder select is in the calpak. 4th gear is only
necessary if you want a different lockup schedule for 4th gear.