Engine warmup

Mark Eidson mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com
Fri Jan 10 21:02:18 GMT 1997

My Holley Projection throttle body controller turns on O2 feedback while
warmup enrichment is still on.  The effect leans our the mixture and I get
an occasional backkfire during gear shifts, an automatic transmission.
There is no way to change the closed loop turn on, when the engine temp
reaches 70 degrees.  Holley suggested just enriching the warmup in the area
where the backfire occurs.  This helped some but I still get an occasional
backfire or hesitation.  Should I just keep upping the enrichment or are
there other ways to help the problem?  me
* Mark Eidson                        Voice: (602)752-6513                 *
*                                      Fax: (602)752-6000                 *
* Manager System Integration and      Home: (602)831-6079                 *
*   Verification                    E-Mail:  mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com   *
* VLSI Technology, Inc.                                                   *
* 8375 South River Parkway                                                *
* M/S 265                                                                 *
* Tempe, Arizona     85284                                                *