Motronic energizer bunny

Dave Zug dzug at eecis.udel.edu
Sat Jan 11 23:49:03 GMT 1997

> thor at pixie.co.za wrote:
>
>  Nobody is questioning Todd's perogative of divulging any information
>  which may put him out of business, however, his comments (remarks) made
>  to someone who merly requested some information and help in this forum, I
>  believe, is not in the spirit of this group.

Maybe someone could write a "our mission" statement about the list.. to
tell others what the spirit of the list exactly is.  when i was young (9
months ago) i thought i had found this really great spot where all these
code pirates were that would give me all they had just because.  (thats
really what i thought, for a day or so.. others may think that at
first)  what i HAVE found was alot better.. people who have worked hard
to get where they are and will guide you thru the basics and want you to
learn the way they did.. thru hard work.. a good way (IMO) to get there,
i have found.

If someone had given me a dump of 8 or 9 ECM's completely commented, i
would have looked for 10 minutes and decided that "i'll go sell chips
now".
(well not really, i do have scruples, you get my point).

I can appreciate and confirm that the "gift" of the microprocessor
identification (posted in another message about the MOTRONIC-BMW) was
truly a GIFT, it took me 2 months to get my micro's I.D. and then
another 4 to beleive it.

another message i saw hit it right:
read the prom, learn the language, know some automotice engineering
theory, setup a test rig (or test car!) and start digging! and dont give
up and have fun....and share some!

oh, and visit http:/p3.net/~dzug/89gpturbo.html (my project's story) I'm
really an amateur, but i know it. just give me a few years with this
hobby ;-)

the bunny thing isnt a cut, it just keeeeeps going (USA TV Commercial
Humor) sorry :-)