Forwarded: Re: Airflow measurement - again...

kleenair at ix.netcom.com kleenair at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 13 13:12:39 GMT 1997

> This is very similar to the system used in the Bosch K-jetronic
> mechanical fuel injection, where a plate (located in the air flow) and
> arm are used to control the fuel flow to the injectors. Such a system
> will always cause relatively large flow losses, and therefore
> deteriorate maximum power.
>
> Also, I imagine the 2 load cells will make the system quite
> expensive.

The object in the flow path does not need to be restrictive.  It can just
be placed in an isolated portion of the flow path, similar to the way
many mass air flow sensors are positioned on modern designs.  You do have
a good point about the cost and complexity of the apparatus, but it does
have its advatages:
1-  It corrects for flow reversion
2-  All components are robust (no fine wires)

Best Regards,
Mazda