octane booster

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Tue Jan 14 05:28:45 GMT 1997

-> Excuse my ignorance:  Is this (MTBE) what oxygenates the fuel
-> in Calif?  I've noticed my car pinging *more* since this gas started
-> being used year round.  Yet I believe someone said this adds
-> octane.  Did I remember that wrong?

 Crazed psychotics (such as myself) have observed even closed-loop EFI
engines sometimes have trouble with fuel heavily contaminated with MTBE,
which can lean the engine out past the learn limit of the ECU.  Of
course this is pure BS, as many OFFICIAL STUDIES have PROVED no such
thing can happen.  MTBE is GOOD for you.  Just sit right here in this
chair, comrade, while we hook up these nice electrodes...

 MTBE is bad news in fuel.  It is put in fuel for political reasons, not
chemistry.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==