octane booster

Walters Chris p23610 at gegpo6.geg.mot.com
Tue Jan 14 20:47:42 GMT 1997

>>   Crazed psychotics (such as myself) have observed even closed-loop EFI
>>  engines sometimes have trouble with fuel heavily contaminated with MTBE,
>>  which can lean the engine out past the learn limit of the ECU.  Of
>>  course this is pure BS, as many OFFICIAL STUDIES have PROVED no such
>>  thing can happen.  MTBE is GOOD for you.  Just sit right here in this
>>  chair, comrade, while we hook up these nice electrodes...
>>
>>   MTBE is bad news in fuel.  It is put in fuel for political reasons, not
>>  chemistry.
>
>So I wasn't goin nuts.  The fuel does make our cars ping more.  I can't
>believe they get away with this crap.  I have to de-tune my cars to run on
>this gabage?!!
>Oh, tell me about this 5.0 RX7.  Sounds very impressive...

Schitzoid paranoids might believe it's all part of a federal conspiracy to
a) get all pre-'90 cars off the road
b) prevent all post-'90 cars from accelerating faster than a Geo Metro
c) make even more money via sales taxes on the higher prices auto makers
     will charge to incorporate the latest EPA-mandated emissions equipment
d) make even more money via fines on people who remove,disable,tamper or
     tinker with said emissions equipment

Damn bureaucrats! A pox on them!

Snake
no cool Fords yet, one cool Dodge