Weber Carburettor

M HILL EAXMJHI at ean2.mecheng.nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 15 10:22:38 GMT 1997

> M HILL wrote:
> >
> > I am looking at making some throttle bodies to fit onto a twin choke  weber inlet
> > manifold.  Unfortunately I don't have the manifold yet and was
> > wondering if anybody would have the dimensions for the studs and inlet
> > port spacings so that I can get started on the throttle bodies.
> >

> Martin, these dimensions can be found in almost any Weber technical
> guide (reprinted from Messrs. Weber).  Haynes has a guide which includes
> this flange drawing for DCOEs (I assume that's what you're looking for),
> as does one or possibly both volumes of John Passini's books on Webers
> (the first book is on theory, the second is on tuning).  As I recall,
> flange dimensions are the same for all the DCOEs, as are bore centers.
> The Haynes book is #393, and roughly, bore centers are 90mm apart, stud
> hole diameters are 8.5mm, studs are 72mm apart on a skewed 16mm axis to
> the bore centers.  Radii outboard of the stud centers is 11mm.
>
> However, I'm curious--are you doing this as a project for school, and
> have the machining capability at the school?  Otherwise, throttle bodies
> made to mate to a DCOE manifold are commonly available both here in the
> US and in England (although they are a bit pricey!).  If for a
> carburetor flange other than DCOE, I'd try the Passini theory book (vol.
> 1) first.
> Cheers.
>
> --

Thanks for the info.  I'll go and see if I can find that book to look
it up.    The manifold will be for the DCOE carburettor.  It  is to
run on a 4.6l rover V8 (old buick 205ci) engine in  a westfield kit
car.  The throttle bodies are required so we can run our own
injection system on the vehicle but make the system as low profile as
possible.  We have the capability to do the machining ourselves and
therefore don't want to pay the high price for other peoples throttle
bodies.  The other option was to try to do some slide plate throttles
but I have heard there can be some serious problems with those.

Martin