Creating a pulse for injector drivers

David Chambers dchamber at gil.com.au
Thu Jan 16 09:22:36 GMT 1997

S. Lastuka wrote:

> WE are on a FSAE team and are designing an electronic fuel injection
> system from scratch.  We are using the Motorola 68hc11 MCU.  We have
> almost all the code written and tested but are having some trouble
> creating the pulse sent to the injector drivers.  The trouble is with
> using an output compare to create the pulse.  An output compare can be
> used to turn off a pulse after a certain time, but how to you turn the
> pulse on in the first place?  Please help.
Try this peice of code in C. It works.

TCTL1=Timer control register 1

    TCTL1=0;                                //disconnect OC from pin's
    PORTA=0x20;                             //injector on OC3 on
    TOC3=fueltime + TIC2; 		    //load output comp register to turn
injector off
    TCTL1=0x20;                             //set OC3 to turn injector
off at compare

David.