Valve Train noise

rambo at diversicomm.com rambo at diversicomm.com
Fri Jan 17 16:22:22 GMT 1997

Mazda:

     The injectors are firing phased sequential according to the manuel
supplied with the unit.  I take this to mean that they fire at each TDC
for each 360 degrees.  Thus preloading the intake.  I tried changing to
(Batch) mode simultaneous, which is supposed to fire the injectors 4
time per rev. but it made no difference in the engine, except a
noticable pulsing of the flex fuel hose, connecting the rail to the
regulator.

     I have come to realize that the only way I will cure all the
problems in this unit is to send it back and regain my investment.

     What if any system would you suggest I use to replace it?
I still have the TBI ECU and harness for the 1988 GMC 5.7 L.
I do not wish to return to carbs.