Valve Train noise

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Sat Jan 18 00:48:52 GMT 1997

Howday y'all

To correct a misinformation the TPI was designed for the introduction
on the 85 vette. The cease fire was deemed inadequate and the
TPI was introduced to cover up the flagships oversight.

Now 85 vettes were slugs. R and track only got 98 MPH outa an
auto in the quarter. I definitely know the L88 did 111 in the
quart.

Now a few people came along and managed to run mid 12s with a stock
calibration and a few tweaks to their TPI.
If you understand the system there is absolutely no need to throw money
at it. A k/n, adjust reg, some timing adjustments plus some handy work
with the MAF work wonders.

Of course it is my opinion only that for 13 secs flat you don't do
much.

The wierd GN chasers who want to run 11s and 10s are outa their league
as much as those who want to run these times with their moms 307 2 bbl.

Of course lets not mention 20-25 MPG.

Just my thoughts: peter