Dual Radiators

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Mon Jan 20 22:49:47 GMT 1997

> Gentlemen, a question came up on another list about which routing (paralell
>  or series) is better for cooling an engine (fuel injected ofcourse)equiped
>  with dual radiators. Since there are several megawatts of brain power
right
>  here, it thought I'd ask.
>  Keep in mind all factors that are involved.

George, I think the answer is this: Makes no difference in regards to thermal
properties.  This is why:

Two smaller radiators in parallel would dissipate 1/2 of the fluid, but all
the heat each, down to whatever level.

Two smaller radiators in series would dissipate 1/2 the heat from all the
fluid, also bringing it down to whatever level.

This of course doesn't take into consideration flow and surface area, and
assumes the surface area is identical.