Valve Train noise

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Mon Jan 20 23:10:02 GMT 1997

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, John Hess wrote:

> Since this is a "dry" flow system (no fuel in the air stream), the
> equivalent to a carbureted engine is about 650 CFM.  NOW we are in the
> realm of a solid 350.  Further improvements may now be realized by
> mods to the throttle body, plenum, runners, and base.

I'm thinking about throttle body size for my 351-C.  So a 650 cfm carb
would actually flow about 750 cfm if only air was going through it?
What do people think about using old carbs as throttle bodies?  That is
if you drill out the venturies.
Anybody out there done this?
I've think someone mentioned that some company made an adapter so you
could mount a TPS on an old carb?

Thanks in advance for answers to any of the above.
jw