Injection molded TPI system

Daniel Burk ws6transam at voyager.net
Tue Jan 21 10:05:57 GMT 1997

Ray,

What you are proposing sounds a whole lot like the concept behind the
new GM designed LS1 V8 engine!  I have seen three different plastic
intake designs on this engine, each of which had a different runner
length and width.

The Corvette spec LS1 had shorter runners, and the intake was rather low
profile to aid in a low hood line.

The two others were for GM Truck & Bus, for their light trucks.  These
intakes were much taller, and had some incredibly long intake tubes that
curved around the plenum, so that the plenum was actually encased inside
a basket of runners!

All of these intakes were made of a plastic made by Dupont, I believe.