68HC11 Learning tools

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 13:00:13 GMT 1997

>  After much frustration and diagnosis (out with the logic analyser ) I
>  discovered that when powering off the device (cant remember the device
>  number), That CS would stay High and WE would go low just long enough
>  for the databus to be loaded into the ram chip at what ever location was
>  floating on the address bus at the time. (Bummer). The Dallas
>  chip takes care of this nicely as power and WE/CE (Depending on the
>  type of chip) are passed through the socket to the ram chip.

Never experienced that myself Ross, either I've been really lucky, or the
random address that got creamed was well above where my code sat.  EIther
way, I've been using the Dallas static ram chips (or boxes, they are kinda
big) for a while now and had great results.  Sounds like their powered socket
offers a lot of the same features.

Fred