PC based auto gauges

tom sparks sparks at probe.net
Sun Jan 26 05:52:39 GMT 1997

At 10:28  1/25/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>George Najarian wrote:
>>
>> A project I am working on requires simulated auto gauges (round, bar,
>> etc. for rpm, mph , temp, etc.) for the display. Does anybody know
>> where I can find libraries (source preferred) to do this? Thanks!
>> George Najarian     | '95 Ford Mustang GTS Cobra (14.21/100.81)
>> najay at deltanet.com  | '86 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (15.0/93)
>> http://users.deltanet.com/~najay/
>> Team.Net        Team OS/2
>

>A friend of mine at university was working on a 'virtual' electric
>vehicle simulation which was written in Visual C++.  He had a 'virtual'
>dash set up with round, bar and digital gauges.  If you are interested I
>can find out more.

Microsoft Visual Basic has some gauge capabilities in the "Custom Controls"
pulldown under the "Tools" menu.  It's called the "MicroHelp Gauge Control."
There is also a serial port access in Visual Basic if you use the "Microsoft
Comm Control." These are all packaged with VB and are ready to use.  They
can be configured any way you want them.

Best regards,
Thomas Sparks

"I'd love to grab your inner child by the neck and kick its little ass"