Need Ford EFI numbers...

Gregory R. Travis greg at indiana.edu
Sun Jan 26 16:52:07 GMT 1997

I DESPARATELY need BSFC (brake specific fuel consumption (lb. fuel/hp/hr)) numbers
for the following engines:

	Ford Duratech 3.0L V6 (200HP @ 5750) (as in Taurus LX)
	Ford SHO 3.4L V8 (235HP @ 6000) (as in Taurus SHO)
	Northstar 4.6L V8 DOHC (300HP @ 6000)

For each, a graph of BSFC vs. power output would be best but I would settle on
raw BSFC numbers at, say, 70% power.  That means 150 HP for the 3.0L, 165HP for the
3.4L, and 210HP for the 4.6L.

If anyone knows or can point me to a source for how much fuel these engines require
at those power outputs, I would be extremely grateful.  The manufacturers seem to keep
this stuff pretty close to the vest.

I'm trying to determine how the Ford EFI system compares to others in
high RPM/high HP conditions

Thanks,

greg travis

greg		greg at indiana.edu	http://gtravis.ucs.indiana.edu/