Injector Sizes

Bill Moffitt wmoffitt at connect.net
Wed Jan 29 03:51:47 GMT 1997

The second part to this was sent last night.  It appears that this
first part did not make it to the server (Johnny, thanks for your help
in clearing this up).

> ALSO: Does ANYONE know the conversion between cc/min and lb/hr
>
> Jim

OK, here it is.

There are 3785.644 cc's in a gallon.
Turning this around, there is .000264155 gals in a cc.

Turning CC's into gallons =
Ncc's * .000264155gal
-------------------
            cc
 = N gals

So now we have gals/min; to convert to gals/hr, just multiply by 60:

Example:

Bosch 0 280 150 209 = 176 cc/minute

(176 * .000264155) * 60 (parenthesis added for illustration only)
 =
 flow rate = 2.78 gallons per hour

I have attached the second part:

Whoa!

I didn't look close enough at the question!  My formula was
from cc/min to gal/hr.  Jim wanted cc/min to lb/hr.

I guess the best way to do this is to take my gal/hr result
and convert gal to lb.  I'm not sure what the exact conversion
is, but lets say a gallon of gas weighs 6 lbs.  So, just multiply
by 6.

i.e 2.78 gal/hr * 6lb/gal = 16.68lb/hr.

Sorry about that folks.  It late and i'm going to bed.

Bill