Fuel line connectors

Mark Eidson mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com
Wed Jan 29 20:23:12 GMT 1997

That is exactly what I did.  It works just fine.  In fact I found a fuel
line from the same car at a junk yard and installed it in parallel with the
original for the return.  I added a return to the fuel sending unit wtih an
old part from another sending unit by drilling a hole and sealing it with JB
Weld.  me

At 02:51 PM 1/20/97 -0800, you wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, William A. Sarkozy wrote:
>
>> Accel (Cleveland, OH) sells a variety of SAGINAW fuel line fittings which
>> emulate those used on GM cars.  They are complete w/ O-ring seat and accept
>> an 8AN hose fitting on the other side.  Some even have hose barbs if you
>> elect not to use braided hose.
>> Their phone is (216) 398-8300 or http://www.mrgasket.com
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Bill
>>

>Question.  What if I want to use the existing steel fuel line that runs
>from the tank to the engine.  I will install a pump close to the tank but
>can the existing steel line be flared (like a brake line) to accomodate a
>threaded fitting.  If not then I could use it as a return line and buy
>steel braided to run the length of the car.
>I think the steel line there now is 3/8.
>
>Thanks to all
>jw

* Mark Eidson                        Voice: (602)752-6513                 *
*                                      Fax: (602)752-6000                 *
* Manager System Integration and      Home: (602)831-6079                 *
*   Verification                    E-Mail:  mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com   *
* VLSI Technology, Inc.                                                   *
* 8375 South River Parkway                                                *
* M/S 265                                                                 *
* Tempe, Arizona     85284                                                *