Fuel line, fittings

Stuart Baly S.Baly at BoM.GOV.AU
Wed Jul 2 03:05:02 GMT 1997

I've just got myself the injection hardware off an import L18 Nissan
engine, with a view to fitting it to my Datsun 1600. At the moment,
I'm getting the parts together for the fuel supply. My problem is
that the supply and return lines to the fuel rail were cut, so they
haven't got those nice little flared collars near the ends to clamp
the fuel hose over.
Is there a special tool that can form these collars, perhaps a brake
line flaring tool, or is there another way?
Also, in a similar vein, intake pipework on a turbo engine is under
pressure. When making this pipework from stainless tube, how are the
ends formed to give the connecting hoses a secure grip?
Stuart Baly (s.baly at bom.gov.au)
Technical Officer
Cape Grim Baseline Air Pollution Station
Cape Grim, Tasmania, Australia