A question on EFI theory

David Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Fri Jul 4 04:29:27 GMT 1997

>Text item:
>

>If one were to design a system from scratch and have complete control over
fuel
>maps, etc., could a system be made that measured the MAP between the throttle
>body and supercharger rather than at the intake manifold?  Could the fuel
map be
>designed to compensate for the increased volumetric efficency of the
>supercharger at a given RPM and MAP?
>
>Putting it another way could I use my Holley 4di throttle body on a Whipple
>supercharger on a small block chevy with the MAP and vacuum taken off the
>throttle body port rather than the intake manifold?
>
>Thanks, me.

It is possible, but if it were me, and I was designing a EFI system (and I
have) I would place a pressure tap after the blower to connect the map
sensor.  You can still use the holley throttle body and injectors.  But
using a reference in this way will make tuning a whole lot easier.

David Doddek     pantera at pobox.com    www.pobox.com/~pantera    217-422-3722
69 EFI Fairlane, 89 T-bird SC, 74 Twin turbo NOS EFI Pantera #6825
If you are going to go fast, go real fast.