Introduction & O2 Sensor Questions

Fred Miranda fcmtb at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 8 21:16:10 GMT 1997

Have you thought about looking at the resistance of the built in heater element.
I put an amp meter on mine once and could see the current drop as the sensor got
hotter.(have an egt gauge too)

I thought I heard though that the accepted way to measure the temp was via
the sensor's
output impedance. I've got info somewhere on a O2 interface chip that looks
at output
impedance to determine when the sensor is warmed up enough to go on line.

Fred

> Actually, I am working on a temperature compensated oxygen sensor for
fuel/air measurement in the rich region.  Getting the oxygen sensor with a
built in thermocouple has been the most difficult part.  I am curious why
you didn't suggest a thermocouple for temperature measurement?  It seems the
best method to me, but I've been wrong many times before:-).