conversion question +

Todd King Todd_King at ccm2.jf.intel.com
Wed Jul 9 17:39:32 GMT 1997

     A couple of questions; a) what is the conversion for gal/hr to
     pounds/hr for gasoline? b) Also, with the turbo cars we see a dramatic
     rise in EGT during a 1/4 mile pass, with EGT typically rising to
     1550-1700F by the end. Can anyone comment on the big picture here,
     energy, phyics or otherwisewise, as to what is going on with turbo
     engines and EGT at wot? I realize that the exh manifold up to the
     turbine is at much higher pressure than for n.a., the turbine is
     extracting energy from the exh flow, etc. but is this EGT rise
     "necessary" for the turbo to keep up at wot/high compressor pressure
     ratios/high flows, ie is the high EGT sort of indicative of the
     potential energy "well" existing in the manifold, necessary for the
     turbo to draw from to "keep up" with it's chores on the comprssor
     side? Wow, I'm clear as mud here, right? :-)

     Todd       tking at scic.intel.com