Coolant temp sensor circuitry, injector lugs

Johnny johnny at johnny-enterprises.com
Thu Jul 10 08:22:18 GMT 1997

Steven Arnold wrote:

> What method do most efi computers use for measuring the resistance of
> the coolant temp sensor - a wheatstone bridge, a constand current
> source, or perhaps just a potential divider type setup?  (This question
> may have been more appropriate for the efi332 list)

You might want to have a look at the IO board schematic on the ftp site.
The efi332 project uses an MC145051 A/D converter after the various
inputs are run through a choke and a resistor with a cap to ground (just
a basic filter) and another resistor to VCC (voltage divider in simplest
terms). A/D converter just takes the input voltage and converts it into
a value that is sent as serial data to the QSM module in the CPU.

-j- (trying to write some code for the QSM->A/D as we speak)