re . le jetronic fault codes

Rich Mauruschat richm at sykes.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 07:28:49 GMT 1997

At 22:10 10/07/97 +0300, you wrote:
>hi guys ,
>
>i have a small favor to ask, (please exuse me if this is a bit off the
>subject,)
>has anybody heard of a variation of the bosch jetronic system called the le
>jetronic, or l3 jetronic?
>i am desperately looking for the description of the error codes generated
>by this system.
>anyboby knows where i can find this ?
>
>the agents are typicaly thight lipped about this ..
>any info on this will be apreciated
>thanx a lot ,
>
>nico badenhorst

nico,
Neither LE or L3 jetronic systems generate error codes; LE jetronic is an
analoge system (no microprocessor!) used in Europe until eary '90's, L3 is
an early digital system which followed it. Certainly in Europe the first
Bosch system to use error codes was ML4.1 Motronic which followed L3. I hope
this is the whole truth, it's certainly my understanding, hopefully someone
will put me right if it's a load of tosh.

Richard