GM TBI questions - again

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Fri Jul 11 14:57:12 GMT 1997

Hi Greg..

Backfire on decel is prob a sticking injector.
Fuel should almost be cut off.
Check the tps setting too.

Missing on accel could be spark as well as leanness.
Can be many things..
So make sure the injectors don't leak or stick, check
all the ig components, and check the tps for the prop
voltage..

GL:peter
At 08:18 AM 7/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>as some of you may remember I recently completed installation of a 86 GM
TBI system
>into my 2.8l cherokee.  I drove it around 1500 miles over the 4th of july
weekend
>without any problems!  However, their are a few things puzzling me.
>The car pops / backfires upon deceleration.  Does this mean the air/fuel is
too rich
>at that time?  How can I fix this??  Also, upon acceleration I've noticed
that the car
>is missing.  I didn't notice this before the swap.  Is their any way the
TBI system